After you decide to get help for addiction challenges, choosing a drug rehab center becomes one of the most important decisions in your recovery journey. The right treatment facility can help you reach long-term sobriety and change your life for the better. But with more than 14,500 rehab centers in the United States, deciding which treatment facility is right for you can be a daunting task. You need to find a rehab center that’s going to meet your needs and provide you with excellent care. At the same time, you have to think about cost, location, and the type of programs a rehab center provides. There’s a lot to consider, but there are a few steps you can follow to help you choose the best drug rehab center for your recovery.
How To Choose The Right Drug Rehab Center
- Consider location. Choosing a rehab center in a certain location can make or break your chances for a successful recovery. You may want to stay close to home. You may prefer a suburban area over a rural location or vice versa. It might also be important for you to be in an area that has easy access to 12-step meetings, support groups, and sober excursions and activities. Thinking about the type of location that will benefit you the most will help you begin to narrow down your rehab center options.
- Decide between inpatient and outpatient treatment. Next, you need to decide if inpatient or outpatient treatment will best fit your recovery needs. As the name suggests, inpatient treatment takes place “inside” a rehab center where you live and recover. Inpatient treatment is highly structured and can be beneficial for someone in first-time recovery, at a high risk for relapse, or struggling with a co-occurring mental health condition. Outpatient treatment, on the other hand, allows you to receive treatment while you live at home or in sober housing. Outpatient programs are more flexible than inpatient programs and can be very helpful when you leave residential treatment and need additional support. You might also benefit from an outpatient program if you have less severe addiction challenges.
- Research different types of treatments and therapies. There is a wide range of treatment models and therapies that behavioral experts use to treat substance use disorders. Some of the most common types of therapy include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), contingency management (CM), motivational interviewing (MI), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT), matrix model, and 12-step facilitation. Learn about each type and make sure the rehab center you choose uses a treatment model that makes you feel comfortable and is evidence-based on scientific and academic research.
- List out specialties and amenities that are important to you. Different rehab centers specialize in treating different types of addictions. Some centers focus on treating opioid addictions while others focus on club drugs and alcohol. In addition to that, different treatment facilities offer different kinds of amenities. Some have swimming pools and gourmet chefs while other centers offer art, music, and yoga therapy programs. Having a list of specialties and amenities that are important to you can help you identify the best rehab center for your needs.
- Consider costs and decide how you’ll pay for treatment. You’ll need to think about the cost, as well. Determine how much you can afford to spend and see how much your insurance company may cover. Your insurer can also help you narrow down the best rehab centers that accept your insurance plan.
- Consult with a treatment professional. After you’ve compiled all this information, talk with a treatment professional. Let them know what you’re looking for and your ideal budget. Treatment professionals have helped countless people enroll in recovery programs and can help match you with the right program fit.
After you’ve narrowed down your top rehab centers, you can learn more about them by asking questions. Here are 20 questions to consider.
20 Questions to Ask Before Choosing Drug Rehab
- What is the process for enrolling a new client?
- Do you offer inpatient or outpatient treatment programs or both?
- What addictions do you treat? Do you offer detox?
- Are your rehab programs personalized to meet each client’s needs?
- What type of treatment methods do your rehab programs use?
- How much does this program cost? What kind of payment options do I have?
- Do you accept my insurance and what steps do I need to take ahead of time to ensure coverage?
- Is this treatment facility licensed and accredited? If so, what kind of accreditation does this rehab center have?
- Do members of your staff specialize in any particular behavioral health therapies or other types of treatment? Are they professionally licensed in their field?
- What is the staff-to-patient ratio at your facility?
- Does your treatment rely on the use of other drugs that may themselves be addictive or harmful?
- Do your treatment programs include a nutritional component?
- How long does the treatment program typically last?
- What is the social and emotional environment at the facility like?
- Are you able to treat clients with dual diagnosis/co-occurring disorders?
- Does this program teach life skills that support sober living beyond treatment?
- What kind of interaction will I have with others at this treatment facility? How is community encouraged at this rehab center?
- What kind of sober activities does your facility promote or encourage?
- Does this rehab program offer family support or therapy?
- What kind of aftercare support do you offer? What happens during the first 30 days after leaving the addiction center?
Care That’s Good for Your Mind, Body, Spirit, and Soul
Here at Genesis Recovery, we provide recovery services that are good for your mind, body, spirit, and soul. We strive to help you repair every aspect of your life that’s been affected by addiction challenges. Our comprehensive treatment programs can help you recover from substances including alcohol, heroin, marijuana, cocaine, prescription drugs, meth, opioids, and crack.
Our expert staff members have the certification and training to treat dual diagnosis challenges, as well. Our retreat-like location is just 30 minutes east of downtown San Diego, nestled in the serene foothills of the Cleveland National Forest.
Let us help you regain control of your mind and body and reinvigorate your spirit and soul. Call us today at 619-797-7319 if you or a loved one are looking for a drug rehab center that will truly meet your recovery needs.